While the path to the workplace looks pretty straightforward, everyone’s experience is quite different.
This month’s Burning Issues Livestream featured two dynamic young professionals at different points on their career paths. We explored their specific experiences and take on preparing for success at work, including:
- How prepared did they feel entering the workplace?
- What has surprised them most?
- What would you tell your college professors/educators?
- How would you encourage workplaces/organizations in their support of young professionals?
Watch/share on any of the following platforms as well.
About our Panelists:
Mitchell WaechterStudent & Intern
Mitch is a senior at UW Stout
studying mechanical engineering –
and recently completed an Assistant
Project Manager Intern with Ahern.
About the Burning Issues Series:
Expanding on the book launch of Burn Ladders. Build Bridges. Pursuing Work with Meaning + Purpose, we’re offering monthly, 60-minute conversations to challenge and change how people think about work. The series will run on the fourth Wednesday of each month through 2022.
- A Manager of People, Not Molecules2 min. read Burn Ladders. Build Bridges. was featured as the book of the month on The Magic Pen that talks about finding the balance of success and connection,
- The First Job – Perceptions vs. Realities5 min. read “It’s like everyone wants you to be scared to go to work.”
- Career Development Book Discussion< 1 min. read Join a conversation guaranteed to support the TOP 10 BIGGEST career frustrations.