✔ Go to college. Or don’t.
✔ Get “good” grades if you do.
✔ Find a “good” job.
✔ Figure out what success looks like.
While the path to the workplace looks pretty straightforward, everyone’s experience is quite different.
This month’s Burning Issues Livestream featured two dynamic young professionals at different points on their career paths. We explored their specific experiences and take on preparing for success at work, including:
- How prepared did they feel entering the workplace?
- What has surprised them most?
- What would you tell your college professors/educators?
- How would you encourage workplaces/organizations in their support of young professionals?
Watch/share on any of the following platforms as well.
About our Panelists:
Mitchell WaechterStudent & Intern
Mitch is a senior at UW Stout
studying mechanical engineering –
and recently completed an Assistant
Project Manager Intern with Ahern.
Learn more about Alan and Jenny – your Ladderburner hosts.
About the Burning Issues Series:
Expanding on the book launch of Burn Ladders. Build Bridges. Pursuing Work with Meaning + Purpose, we’re offering monthly, 60-minute conversations to challenge and change how people think about work. The series will run on the fourth Wednesday of each month through 2022.
- Learning Lab: Waiting to Feel Worthy? Knock it off.3 min. read You’re not alone in feeling this way – especially when it comes to career moves.
- Learning Lab: Who is someone you’d really like to know better?3 min. read There are opportunities EVERYWHERE for unexpected connection and relationship building.
- Learning Lab: How do you talk to yourself?2 min. read Your attitude and actions affect others, whether you realize it or not.